Last Edited=4 Nov 2009
He was named an heir in the will of Lodowick Dobbs dated May 13, 1814 in Pendleton District (Anderson Co.), South Carolina.3 He may have some relationship or connection with Martin Dobbs of Cobb County, Georgia.
- [S364] South Carolina Department of Archives and History, online http://scdah.sc.gov/, Dobbs, Lodowick of Pendleton District, Anderson County will typescript (mss will: Pendleton District will book a, page 121; estate packet: pkg. 148).
- [S54] 1850 United States Census (Free Schedule), Cobb Co., Georgia (Washington: National Archives And Records Adminstration) ,.
- [S364] South Carolina Department of Archives and History, online http://scdah.sc.gov/, Source: South Carolina Archives - S108093: South Carolina Will Transcripts (Microcopy No 9) - DOBBS, LODOWICK OF PENDLETON DISTRICT, ANDERSON COUNTY WILL TYPESCRIPT (MSS WILL: PENDLETON DISTRICT WILL BOOK A, PAGE 121; ESTATE PACKET: PKG. 148) (2 FRAMES). - http://www.archivesindex.sc.gov/onlinearchives/…
- [S53] 1840 United States Census (Free Schedule), Cobb Co., Georgia (Washington: National Archives And Records Administration) ,.
- [S409] R. L. Guffin. Balaam Dobbs, "Balaam Dobbs." Listserve message to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dobbs_Genealogy/. 8/24/2009.