Frank George Gaume
Relationship=Uncle of Leopold Joseph DeBacker.
Last Edited=28 Mar 2009
Frank George Gaume was also known as George Francis Gaume. According to Francis Gaume's Civil War Pension request (1915), George Gaume was born in 1882, but parish records from Immaculate Conception Church shows that he was baptised in 1885. He was found in the in 1912 in Topeka, Kansas, city directory with Augustina Blanchard.3
- Family Background
- My French Connection
- [S377] CALVARY CEMETERY, Sedgwick County, Kansas, online http://skyways.lib.ks.us/genweb/sedgwick/cems/…. Hereinafter cited as CALVARY CEMETERY, Sedgwick County, Kansas.
- [S2] Immaculate Conception Parish Records (Immaculate Conception Parish, St. Marys, Kansas) ,.
- [S357] Topeka City Directory (1912) (Topeka, KS: F. H. Woodbury (?), 1912), Justine Gaume is listed as widow of Francis although Frank Gaume was at National Home at this time and did not die until 1917. Hereinafter cited as Topeka City Directory (1912).
- [S195] 1900 United States Census, Shawnee Co., Kansas, Washington: National Archives And Records Administration, What is curious is that for the census record of 1900, Justine is listed as a widow. We know that Frank was not dead – he died in 1917, plus there is a record of him reapplying for his Civil pension in 1910, which he finally started receiving in 1912.
- [S8] 1910 United States Census, Shawnee Co., Kansas (Washington: National Archives And Records Administration) ,.
- [S336] 1915 Kansas State Census, Shawnee Co., Kansas Topeka: Kansas State Historical Society,.
- [S335] 1920 United States Census, Shawnee Co., Kansas (Washington: National Archives And Records Administration) ,.