Relationship=Great-granduncle of James Monroe Dobbs Jr.
Last Edited=8 Nov 2009
John Dobbs was a soldier in the War of 1812. From the War of 1812 Muster Rolls: Dobbs John - 4th Regiment (Booth's), Georgia Militia. Private.3 He witnessed the will of John McMullan on January 14, 1818 in Elbert County, Georgia.4 He witnessed the will of Evan Prothro in December, 1822 in Elbert County, Georgia.5 He is listed as an executor of the will of Nathaniel Prothro in 1823 in Elberton, Elbert County, Georgia. Was a fortunate drawer in the 1827 Georgia Land Lottery.6 The eldest of the children; lived in Cartersville, Georgia. He left a daughter, Mary, who married a Patterson of Cartersville, Georgia, and a son, Newton Dobbs.2
Child of John Dobbs and Jane Haynes
- John Newton Dobbs+ (1826 - )
Children of John Dobbs and Lydia Wilson
- [S56] Jordan Dodd, Georgia Marriages to 1850 ([database online] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com) ,. Electronic transcription of marriage records held by individual counties in Georgia.
- [S18] Shelly Dobbs Dooley, Descendants Of Josiah Dobbs (Descendancy Report with Notes), 1999.
- [S48] Index to the Compiled Military Service Records for the Volunteer Soldiers Who Served During the War of 1812 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration) , M602, 234 rolls.
- [S112] John McMullin will (14 Jan 1818), Elbert County, Georgia, Miscellaneous Inferior Court Records 1816 - 1820 Will Book L, Elbert County Court Records, Elberton, Elbert County, Georgia. Hereinafter cited as Will Of John McMullan.
- [S414] Neil O. Myers, Myers and Neighbors of Jefferies Creek, SC (Aiken, South Carolina: Neil O. Myers, 2007), page 40 - Cites: Elbert County Will Book L, pgs 456-457.
- [S381] State of Georgia. Recorder Office. Official Register of the Land Lottery of 1827. Milledgeville, GA: Grantland & Orme, 1827.
- [S47] 1820 United States Census, Elbert Co., Georgia (Washington: National Archives And Records Administration) ,.
- [S175] 1840 United States Census (Free Schedule), Cass Co., Georgia (Washington: National Archives And Records Administration) ,.
- [S144] 1850 United States Census (Free Schedule), Cass (Bartow) Co., Georgia (Washington: National Archives And Records Adminstration) ,.