Ellison A. Dobbs
Relationship=1st cousin 2 times removed of James Monroe Dobbs Jr.
Last Edited=16 Jan 2009
He was a Merchant in Marietta, Cobb County, Georgia, about 1860.1 He head of commissary department at GMI about 1860 in Marietta.2 From May 10, 1864 to May 20, 1865, Ellison A. Dobbs served in Battalion Of The Georgia Military Institute Cadets (Caper's Battalion) during the On the roster he is listed as Major Dobbs, Quartermaster and Commissary.3
Children of Ellison A. Dobbs and Jane C. Hudson
- S. A. Dobbs (c 1855 - )
- J. W. Dobbs (c 1859 - )
- George H. Dobbs5 (1861 - 1884)
- F. A. Dobbs (c 1867 - )
- [S55] 1860 United States Census (Free Schedule) Cobb Co., Georgia, Washington: National Archives And Records Administration, pg. 241.
- [S33] Gary Livingston, Cradled In Glory: Georgia Military Institute 1851-1865 (New York: Caisson Press) ,.
- [S325] Roster Of The Battalion Of The Georgia Military Institute Cadets In The Confederate Army Service In The Civil War From May 10th, 1864 To May 20th, 1865 Prepared By Ex-Cadet Robert L. Rodgers, Member Of Company "B" Atlanta, - (1905) - Georgia.
- [S54] 1850 United States Census (Free Schedule), Cobb Co., Georgia (Washington: National Archives And Records Adminstration) ,.
- [S52] Sarah B. G. Temple, The First Hundred Years, a short history of Cobb County, in Georgia (Marietta, GA: Cobb Landmarks & Historical Society, Inc., 1935), pg 615.