Relationship=2nd great-granduncle of James Monroe Dobbs Jr.
Last Edited=4 Oct 2009
He is listed as an executor of the will of Thomas Hickson Jr. on February 10, 1810 in Darlington County, South Carolina. He was named an heir in the will of Evan Prothro dated December, 1822 in Elbert County, Georgia.2
He was in the timber business in South Carolina and after timber resources were exhausted in the area, he moved to Minden, Louisiana in 1840 with several of his sons.
Children of William Prothro and Hesse Hickson
- Sarah Prothro1
- Ursula Prothro1
- Polly Prothro1
- Susan Prothro1 (1805 - 1862)
- Margaret Prothro+ (1808 - 1835)
Children of William Prothro and [?] Furman
Children of William Prothro and Esther Hickson
- [S240] A.G.P. Relatives, Relations, & Connections (Ancestry World Tree), online http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi
- [S414] Neil O. Myers, Myers and Neighbors of Jefferies Creek, SC (Aiken, South Carolina: Neil O. Myers, 2007), page 40 - Cites: Elbert County Will Book L, pgs 456-457.
- [S414] Neil O. Myers, Myers and Neighbors of Jefferies Creek, SC (Aiken, South Carolina: Neil O. Myers, 2007), pg 86 - cite: George P. Coulter (first name Timon, Herbert, or John?).
- [S220] Historic Centuries Awaken With Rebirth Of St. Maurice Mansion, Winn Parish Enterprise-Winnfield News-American, Winn Parish, LA., March 29, 1972. Hereinafter cited as St. Maurice Plantation, Winn Parish, LA.. http://searches1.rootsweb.com/usgenweb/archives/la/winn/…
- [S224] E-mail from V.R. to Mike DeBacker, 2 June 2005.