Relationship=Great-granduncle of James Monroe Dobbs Jr.
Last Edited=4 Oct 2009
He was named an heir in the will of Nathaniel Prothro dated 1823 in Elberton, Elbert County, Georgia. William Prothro married a first cousin, Ann, whose surname also was Prothro. She was a descendant of William Prothro (1769-1845). In 1846, William Prothro purchased from William Lamberth of New Orleans the St. Maurice plantation in Winn parish, Louisiana consisting of five tracts of land totaling more than 1500 acres, with all buildings and improvements and more than 60 slaves for $63,862.50.1
Child of William Prothro and Mittey Powell
- Furman Prothro (c 1828 - 1853)
Children of William Prothro and Emily Ann Prothro
- Martha Prothro (c 1832 - )
- Sanders Cecil Prothro+ (c 1835 - )
- Emma Prothro (c 1839 - )
- William Prothro (c 1842 - 1853)
- [S220] Historic Centuries Awaken With Rebirth Of St. Maurice Mansion, Winn Parish Enterprise-Winnfield News-American, Winn Parish, LA., March 29, 1972. Hereinafter cited as St. Maurice Plantation, Winn Parish, LA.. http://searches1.rootsweb.com/usgenweb/archives/la/winn/…
- [S230] 1850 United States Census (Free Schedule), Natchitoches Parish, Louisiana (Washington: National Archives And Records Adminstration) ,.